Sunday, March 20, 2016

sober

tonight I was surrounded by bottles and people
bottles, people, more bottles 
and at one point I had a bottle in my hand
three minutes it took 
I glimpsed, I held, but did not taste 
three minutes I had 
but did not taste. 
the boy who used me was there,
along with the one who drove me home and the other who I despised;
all held bottles,
which eventually became empty. 
the boy who used me said he knew heartbreak,
I said I knew it more. 
he laughed and he turned away
and found someone that was just a little bit less pathetic than me.
he held a bottle,
but had two in his back pocket.
the rest of them talked loudly 
the rest of them yelling cheers 
and in the middle of them
I stood still;
idle and bottle-less


sober. 


and I longed for the taste. 





 

3 comments:

  1. "and in the middle of them
    I stood still;
    idle and bottle-less


    sober.


    and I longed for the taste."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FEEL THIS POST SO MUCH. It's hard being the only sober one but also can be kind of like hanging out with seven year olds. Which can be entertaining and insightful. But also not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing wonderful information.


    Vist Website

    ReplyDelete