Saturday, May 23, 2015

bittersweet

I've only known Paris as home for half a year, but it seems as if I've known it for my entire life.
the desks, the blank lines, the people;
familiarity sits on the tip of my tongue, but I still haven't seen the Eiffel Tower yet, my French is anything but fluent and macaroons are probably the worst thing I have ever tasted. 
I'm just a tourist, not a native
and my time here is coming to an end.

Nelson just sent out a text saying to please write your last blog post. 

this whole year has been about "lasts"
last homecoming
last football game
last home match
last calculus test
last kiss
last prom
last day of high school
last, last, last.

and when I look back to my first day of sophomore year and how I got completely lost 3 times I think about how I'll be reliving that in college.
I'm ready for change but I'm not
I'm ready to leave but I'm not
I'm ready to say goodbye to people who I've known for almost 6 years but at the same time I'm not.
and I'm almost positive you all feel the same. 
it's all bittersweet; there is no happy medium or middle median,
just the fact that on May 28 it's all over and our lives are just beginning to start. 

so here's to you all:
McKay, Cole, Kailee, Nelson, Micah, Madeline, Abby W, McCall, Natty, Isaac, Mallary, John, Tanner J, Annie, Morgan, Cass, Colby, Tanner T, CJ, Emma, Sam, Jess, Abby N, Hailey, Taylor, Reags, Natalie, Sara, Hannah, Maddi, Megan, and Michael. My creative writing family.
I can't wait to see what you do and who you become; you all hold a special place in my heart. I hope we all can visit Paris together again one day, and instead maybe we can be natives instead of tourists. It's been an honor flying this plane with you. Even though we broke down a couple times and needed to refuel, I've enjoyed every moment. 












5 comments:

  1. :( i love you. I'm so glad nelson let you into our class. you're amazing. I'm so lucky you're my neighbor and i still get to see you. your writing just keeps getting better and better too. you're so talented jj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Sunday morning and I'm supposed to be planning a lesson on prayer.

    But here I am.

    I can tell this won't be your last. This better not be your last. I know this won't be your last.

    Paris always belonged to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for change but I'm not
    I'm ready to leave but I'm not
    I'm ready to say goodbye to people who I've known for almost 6 years but at the same time I'm not.
    and I'm almost positive you all feel the same.

    I definetly do! This was great

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perfect. I'm not ready for this to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "but I'm not" section was too real. You are great JJ... I mean it

    ReplyDelete