Sunday, May 17, 2015

saturday

let's talk about saturday night;
pouring rain
memories made 
and songs that were played on may 16th
and how it well surpassed january 11th,

a day I never thought could be beaten. 

we were like day dreams and fantasies
pretty dresses and loose ties,
cherry sodas and fingers intertwined,
curled lips and brown eyes.

we were us

the us we used to be,
and for the first time in 6 months the middle seat in your truck was saved for me and instead of toleration we were adoration.

we were us.
my little hands that fit with your big ones
and your arms that were always meant to be for my shoulders
and my lips on your cheek were smoother.

we were right.
and Saturday night reminded us of that as we stood there in the rain
chanting names and running away from the police.

we were us.
and "us" is all I've wanted forever;
so shoutout to Saturday night and rainstorms,
thanks for letting it happen.





2 comments:

  1. "and for the first time in 6 months the middle seat in your truck was saved for me and instead of toleration we were adoration."
    "my little hands that fit with your big ones and your arms that were always meant to be for my shoulders and my lips on your cheek were smoother." UGH, LOVE. this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that gif never happens to me I'll be really upset

    ReplyDelete