Wednesday, June 17, 2015

you were worth it

 this poem inspired me really hard core, but in a different way

thanks Jess.

you were worth my poetry,
you always were.
they wondered why but only I saw what was good in someone like you.
those brown eyes
yes, they've made headlines
but it was more than that;
it was the way you looked at me and the way I could look back and feel,
the way I could see clearer in your eyes and how reality could go away with just a simple gaze;
those dark eyelashes that I'd loved even before I loved you.

it was how your hands felt;
I didn't mind they felt tough. 
they were working hands and solid hands 
they were loyal hands;
hands that held mine and hands that pushed me away 
but they were still your hands,
and that was good enough for me.

it was your voice;
rough but mellow
stern but sweet.
it was kind and used only for good,
and I remember how at one time it was only for me. 
my ears, they rang
but the feeling of your lips brushing on my ear was worth the pain.

they don't see you as I do
and that's why they think I'm wasting my time typing and erasing and heart breaking
but babe,
they don't know you. 
you are worth my poetry,
you always will be.



2 comments:

  1. "You are worth my poetry." I love how I can relate to this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'd loved even before I loved you."
    "But babe they don't know you"
    I'm sad I just barely saw this but so happy you wrote it. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete