Saturday, June 13, 2015

still

it's always around 1:30am when it hits me the hardest;
sometimes it's the fact that tomorrow I will hate 7:30am but mostly that gut wrenching smell seeping through the walls.
it's in his clothes and in my bathroom and in my room; 
hell, I can't even use my favorite Chapstick anymore because the smell of it makes me physically ill.

I guess I should be thanking God that it's not green anymore, but it hurts just as bad.

my heart still aches and breaks and my eyes are watered down
but my lips, they quiver more
they frown more
and they taste bitter
bitter like cookie dough without sugar 
bitter like his eyes and his laugh when I ask him to stop
bitter like the strawberry flavored Chapstick that my nose inspects and my tongue rejects
bitter like a broken heart trying to remember when and where some pieces went missing. 

but honey 7:30am comes early tomorrow and my eyes are weak and
my head aches.

maybe tomorrow I'll try harder beat 1:30am
at least before then the picture of us 5 & 3 sitting on my windowsill 
is still precious

and that sweet little boy is still innocent.

2 comments:

  1. I can't place what it is about this, but I love it. It's eerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the parts about chapstick. Says so much.

    ReplyDelete