Friday, April 10, 2015

eat, sleep, think, repeat.

spring break comes with a routine:
eat, think, eat, sleep, think, eat, think, think, think
think
sleep
repeat.
there is too much time for my mind to wander, and call me crazy but I would rather read my language textbook than be thinking.
I've looked everywhere for the off switch 
so I could listen to the waves crash without hearing the faint sound of your soft voices echoing with the whitewater.

it's replaying in my mind like a 
scratched cd;
his weak smile and sparks in his eyes; a heartbreaking sense of longing and lust with you;
and the scary part is that
they both make sense.

but my lungs are growing weak from the exhaustion of running away from what I want most,
and my heart is confused on the subject of friendship.

the empty feeling is becoming constant and I want it to leave,
but I want it to leave the right way.
so, to love with pain and longing
or to love unfaithfully;
because no matter how much I love him I will always have the thought of you in the back of my broken mind
wishing every kiss, every touch
every conversation
was with you. 
it's a sick disease 
and unfortunately I cannot imagine the day where I will finally be able to say,
"I don't love you anymore"
maybe someday you'll take a good look into my eyes
and see past the thick layer of whatever was holding you back and think, "it's always been her"
because I know for myself 
it'll always be you.

1 comment:

  1. This captured a lot of my spring break.

    I was supposed to be relaxing, doing nothing. But instead, I was thinking. thinking. thinking. thinking.

    And I was sick. And my lungs were weak all break. #pneumonia. I think you were being metaphorical, but still.

    The scratched CD. The off-switch.

    ReplyDelete